1.6.07

my family would...

have a wireless connection.

so this is my first day on my grand european vacation.

it took a lot to actually arrive here, sort of a two-day process. I left my house on 31 may at around 9 a.m. for national. after a 25-minute flight, (during which I managed to fall asleep, don't ask me how), I arrived in philly. now, I knew I was going to have a five-hour layover, so I came prepared with my laptop so I could play on the internet and pass the time.

so, the wireless was fucked up. I had a bunch of people coming up to me to see if my wireless was working, because theirs wasn't, either. so I passed the time on the phone with people, watching the L word, playing with beats, and playing lots and lots of pinball.

my flight arrived in paris about an hour later than anticipated, and I felt bad because my aunt and uncle had been waiting for a while, it seemed. the flight itself wasn't bad, I watched dreamgirls and pan's labyrinth (which I was supposed to have loved, but really wasn't that impressed by. maybe I'm getting soft in my violence-tolerance levels, but some of it was just tasteless.) and played around more on my computer.

I arrived at de gaulle at around 8:15 a.m. there was a lot of traffic at that time, naturally, so we took a lot of shortcuts, one through saint denis. it was interesting to see all the posters for the communist party here and just as many against sarzoky. my uncle said that the representative elections were soon, and this year it is believed that the amount of representation the communist party is expected to gain will actually take away its status as an actual political party. I don't have the energy to research this, honestly, but it was interesting.

I slept all day today, so hopefully soon I'll be acclimated to the time here. I'm going to the french open this weekend! and then london tuesday, vienna the week after that... expect lots of photos!

a tout a l'heure!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah dreamgirls.
slash.
have fun meeting roland garros.
ha.

Teddy said...

omgosh I can't believe you are going to Roland Garros. Too bad all the Americans except for Serena have been knocked out.

But if you DO see that badass play, take pics for me!!

Alison said...

I agree with the tasteless violence in Pam's Labyrinth even though I am a baby for violence. I wasn't really impressed either.

alex db said...

hehe, who is pam? <3