2.6.07

je blague/je blog

today has been an incredibly hot day for paris, in the upper 80s. I went to roland garros with my cousin, which was an experience, definitely. apparently the tickets my aunt had bought were restricted so that we could only enter the major matches after 5 p.m., and since my cousin and I were hot and tired and generally not interested, we stayed for a couple of hours and left. I managed to get some photos of matches on clay.

I got a few shots of mauresmo v. safarova on the jumbotron, and the huge crowd simply watching the big screen outside the event, which I found kind of cute.


tonight a bunch of "colombian dignitaries" (as my aunt put it) are coming over for dinner. I always feel sort of silly when their friends come over for some occasion, because it's always some artist or writer
muy conocido, but I know I've never heard of these people. sometimes I feel like I should know who they are, but even if I did, I doubt I'd be impressed. I'm not generally impressed by famous people.

anyway, here are some photos from my room and roland garros:




my new girlfriend


what a face.


my beautiful room !


other new girlfriend (she came into my room last night
and fell asleep in the crooks of my knees)


entrance to roland garros



it wasn't as oppressively fucking hot under the tent...



mauresmo on the 'tron


the masses who couldn't get in (i.e. us)


dudes took a picture together with a disposable camera after the match.
so professional.




so tonight is a big dinner party, and depending on when that's over, I may hit a spot in paris. it's been too long since I have gone dancing and I don't mind going alone in the least.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yo... the subway in paris is so fucking smelly on hot days it's not even funny.

that's about all i remember about the 80 degree days there.

-dbs